At CorrelAid, we are big fans of Open Source. We contribute to the community through the maintenance and development of several R and Python packages that all have the aim to make data more easily accessible. In addition, we try to open source our Data4Good projects whenever GDPR allows for it. Finally, we have made our internal documentation and several of our internal tools openly accessible.
- datenguidepy: Python wrapper for the datenguide API, available on PyPi
- datenguideR: R wrapper for the datenguide API
- newsanchor: R wrapper for the NewsAPI, available on CRAN
- pocketapi: R wrapper for the Pocket API, available on CRAN
Data4Good projects and events
- Erlassjahr: code and data for the interactive map our project team built for Erlassjahr e.V.
- GLEIF relationship visualization tool: client and server, developed as part of a hackathon together with GLEIF. Learn more about the tool here
- TidyTuesday: CorrelAid tidytuesday contributions
- Gender equality and mobility: Code and data for the blog post about gender differences in mobility patterns
- CorrelAidX Challenge: Over the course of 8 weeks in summer 2020, we called on our local chapters to use regional data, provided by the state statistical offices, from their region and submit creative data projects using the python package developed by Datenguide in collaboration with CorrelAid. You can read more about the challenge here.
- Commuters in Germany: Code for the interactive dashboard, developed by CorrelAidX Bremen
- Moving through Berlin by bike: Code for the interactive dashboard, developed by CorrelAidX Berlin
- The Datenguide Chatbot: code for a chatbot to interact with the datenguide API, developed by CorrelAidX Munich
- Child wellbeing in Germany: code for an interactive jupyter notebook, developed by CorrelAidX Hamburg
- Datenguide Viz: code for an interactive notebook to interact with the datenguide API for Hesse
- CorrelCollection: Collection of materials from our annual conference, the open online data meetup series and other events and workshops
Open Source CorrelAid Infrastructure
- Hugo Website: code for our website correlaid.org
- CorrelAid Code[s] Blog: code for this blog codes.correlaid.org
- CorrelAid docs: internal documentation / wiki, available at docs.correlaid.org
- CorrelAid Slackbot: Code for the CorrelBot who does different things in our Slack workspace. Implemented in Node.js and AWS Lambda.
- projectutils: R package for coordination of our projects
- projectsdb: “database” of some of our finished projects
- projects-django: project management application (currently in development)
- correltools: R package for various CorrelAid things (in development)
- correlaidmatplotlib: CorrelAid Matplotlib style, available on PyPi